Saturday 19 January 2013

Troll

































 




I drew this little troll after looking up Illustration Friday's topic of myth.  The original sketch started out very differently.  His face was simple but my pen lines were faint and when I added colour it took on a whole new look.  I added lips and cheeks and gave him a longer nose.  Sometimes it's good to just let the drawing evolve.  When I'm drawing I always think of personalities for my characters!  What are they thinking and what's going on in their lives!   

I hope you're having a great weekend!  I'm off to take some photos of my monsters...they're finished!
(oh....and belly dancing was BRILLIANT!!)

3 comments:

  1. what a cool, green troll! smashing wee thing :-)
    thanks for sharing and have a nice week-end!

    e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cool, what a character! Can't wait to see the finished monsters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Wonderful shape and scraggly hair.

    ReplyDelete