Monday 14 January 2013

They were going at it hammer and tongs!














































































This is another twist on a well known saying. I love finding out the origin of words and phrases as often we say things without even knowing what they mean!! 'Going at it hammer and tongs' means to do something with great effort or energy. In my drawing I have interpreted it as more of a calm, quiet and considered activity rather than the crazed, animated scene that the words suggest. The little men are curious, delicate and respectful in their expection of 'it'. I made the drawing into a model to give it a different dimension. I don't usually stick rigidly to the drawing if I don't have to but I still aim to create the same feeling and the same humour as the drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment