Friday 1 February 2013

A very important day.

This little chap has been given the important responsibility of being chief key holder.  Ready and willing he awaits the handover.  I like using watercolour pencils because I feel like I still have alot of control over the drawing.  I layer the colours up and sometimes draw directly with the wet pencil to create a more intense colour.  I add detail and shading with a black ink pen and highlights with a white pen.

I've always loved keys and have a few big old rusty ones in my collection of stuff (clutter)!  I think it goes back to the days of the princess shoes with the key in the heel.  Do you remember these?!  The key was only a little plastic thing with a pin on the back but you really felt like it was so precious and something to protect and treasure because YOU were a princess!  I kept the key long after the devastation of growing out of my favourite patent black Sunday shoes.....I digress!

No comments:

Post a Comment